Seat slider brackets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
I have 4 bucket seats. 2 electric and 2 manual. The electric ones will fit directly onto the studs in the car but they don't match my interior. The 2 that do match, the brackets are different and won't fit in place. Even tho 1 set is electric and other is manual, can I switch the brackets? Or switch the while "slider" assembly?

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
In therory as long as they are both GM sets just swap them out. Pay attention to the spacers & washers placement on the set up that fits.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
Are these Gbody seats 78-87? If so you should be able to swap the brackets, I believe the distance from bolt to bolt is the same on the bottom of the seats where the track mounts. IIRC the distance is 13.5 inches

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
In therory as long as they are both GM sets just swap them out. Pay attention to the spacers & washers placement on the set up that fits.
Ok. I will start trying to switch one around then. Just wasn't sure if it could be done

Bri guy

G-Body Guru
May 18, 2018
Are these Gbody seats 78-87? If so you should be able to swap the brackets, I believe the distance from bolt to bolt is the same on the bottom of the seats where the track mounts. IIRC the distance is 13.5 inches
The electric seats were in the car when I bought it. The matching manual seats came as extras with the car. It's a 86 cutlass. Not sure what year the manual seats fit. But the seats are identical, brackets are different

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor