Seatbelt access

Status
Not open for further replies.

EastEnder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2009
Does anyone know how to take the trim off to get to the seat belt mechanism? Mine do not retract too easily. Im hoping I cna grease them up or work them in better, but I cant figure out how to get some of the trim off that covers them. ie all the plastic side panels in the back seat. Thanks for anyhelp.

EastEnder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2009
Sorry about that, the front seat belts. I want to take of the trim around the door and back seat armrest....it looks like they need to come out to get access. thanks again

EastEnder

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 10, 2009
its an '85 regal

Ok, how do the seats come out? Do i just pull them out, or are there bolts? Is there a tutorial online some where thats good for this stuff?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
To get the rear seat out, push in/back on the lower cushion to free it from the hooks on the floor.
With the lower part out, you'll have access to remove the fasteners that hold the bottom of the seat back in place. The bolt is shared with the seat belt. Once those two bolts are out, move the seat back up to release it from the hooks.

Attachments

• 1986 Cutlass Salon Air Cleaner assembly for sale 001 (2).JPG
    1986 Cutlass Salon Air Cleaner assembly for sale 001 (2).JPG
    631 KB · Views: 133
  • 1986 Cutlass Salon Air Cleaner assembly for sale 001.JPG
    1986 Cutlass Salon Air Cleaner assembly for sale 001.JPG
    660.8 KB · Views: 145

pballered

n00b
Dec 18, 2012
I am working on pulling the rear seat belt out of a 1978 Monte Carlo. I have been able to get the rear panel and seat belt out of the car. How do you get the rear seat belt off the panel? It seems as though you need to tear down the re-tractor. Help. :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor