seatbelts

Status
Not open for further replies.

83Cutlass2181

Greasemonkey
Jun 3, 2008
ok, so ive been driving my cutlass for months now with no seatbelts, and it suddenly hit me, i should probably get some. so what have you guys done for seatbelts. i remember looking for a pair in black but they were hard to find. ive also seen the 3 or 4 point universal ones which i like, but im worried about mounting issues with those on my stock seats. have any of you guys done those belts, and how?
this is what im working with.
Picture013-1.jpg

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
You can get a harness bar across the b pillar and have some nice points to mount, or mount some universal ones in the old holes - much easier.

I bought some very nice 3 point retractable black seat belts from AutoLoc (Hoffman Group). They have 3 point harness belts also, and any colors you want at good prices too.

83Cutlass2181

Greasemonkey
Jun 3, 2008
okay, those autoloc belts look real good, but should i buy some of the mounting plates that they sell for the original holes? where did you mount the part that goes over the back of the seat? do i need any special mounts for that?

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
83Cutlass2181 said:
okay, those autoloc belts look real good, but should i buy some of the mounting plates that they sell for the original holes? where did you mount the part that goes over the back of the seat? do i need any special mounts for that?

I know I bought an extra set of brackets that I didn't end up needing, but they went toward bolting in my rear seat instead of seatbelts so I didn't lose out.

This was all done about a year and a half ago so I forgot how I bolted it all in, I'll check when I get home in a few hours.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
I didn't use any of the aftermarket brackets. The 3 point retractable belts bolted right in, and I reused all the original hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor