Seats lower or further back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ham1974

Greasemonkey
Oct 6, 2012
what about taking his idea and modifying it,use the current seat studs on top of the humps to anchor them and go further back and have the brackets step down towards the floor?sorry if i'm painting a strange picture.like back down and back ~|_
*pontiacgp beat me to it*
Not strange at all. That’s what I was thinking as well.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
That will give me more room but won’t do anything about the headroom. I was thinking more like behind the humps.
You can make the brackets longer but you will need to make supports to hold your weight, the length I made them they are still supported by the seat bracket structure and I also have power units so combined with moving them 2.25" farther back I can tilt back and drop down which gives me plenty of room.

Dar

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 18, 2016
It's been about 20 years but on my first SS, I used Fbody seat tracks with a few small brackets welded to them to match up with the Gbody mounts. I'm 6'4 and it worked out very well. I also used GTA seats at the time, but the Monte seats worked as well. The Fbody tracks were at least an inch shorter in height. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor