Second interview in Prescott AZ

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
That sh*t is just insane. My part of the world is nothing like that AT ALL and it's part of the reason I live here. Rural, 4 acre square lot, attached 2 car garage, 200ft driveway, inground pool - $250k. A similar property down state is over a mill. I've heard that California is worse. I'd crap myself if I had to pay $700K for a house - ABSOLUTE INSANITY.
Don't even get me started on rent right now! Most 3bd 2bth homes even without a garage are going for $3,600+ some are even $5,000.

I look forward to my trip tomorrow and will post up some pictures if I stumble across some cool cars.

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
Bruisedbanana79,
You can PM me if you would like to get my phone number and ask me all the questions you'd like. It's probably easier than trying to text everything back and forth. I'm not super good at that. I lived in the Prescott/Prescott Valley area for several years. My wife and I met there. I'm currently in Mesa, AZ now. As far as housing goes, It is getting quite a bit more expensive up there however, drastically cheaper than California (which I was born and raised). Since your little one is only 8 months old you will have plenty of time to look at schooling. Like everywhere else Meth has taken over a big part of this state. I still have a daughter-in-law living up there as well as my daughter and grandkids.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Reactions: 1 user

LeftLaneOnly

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2020
True Story. Almost got arrested on Whiskey Row in Prescott for J-walking the wife was laughing so hard the cop just walked away pissed.

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Well folks I am currently on the runway heading home from Prescott. Little about the trip, flew into Phoenix Wednesday evening. Hertz upgraded my car to a 2021 Mustang GT with the 5.0 and ten speed. Was pretty impressed with that car and made the drive into Prescott that much better Thursday morning. Quick side note averaged 25 mpg and was holding 85-90 the whole way.

Alright onto the interview, met with the owners and Hr for two hours including a plant tour and to meet all of the employees. Separate 1 hour meeting with the head of the venture capital company that just acquired 51% share earlier this year. Owner is looking to retire hence the acquisition. Final hour was interviews with a few more individuals from different areas of the business.

After 4 hours of going back and forth with great questions an offer was thrown at me. I have not made a decision yet but I can say medical insurance is $1600 a month for the family 😢 with extremely high deductibles and they also do not offer a 401k.

The position is titled as “operations manager” yet all employees would be a direct report to myself including IT, engineering and finance. Currently the owner is the GM and he would be my direct boss. Therefore I would be topped out for growth for the foreseeable future.

The company itself is fairly interesting and has little to no chance of failing as they do not have any strong competition. I think I am going to have to pass on this opportunity for now but I can use this as a great learning experience as well as a confidence booster.

Thank you all for the advice and positive thoughts. For now I will continue my search for bigger and better things mostly out of this state that I live in.

Reactions: 5 users

86LK

Royal Smart Person
Jul 23, 2018
Well folks I am currently on the runway heading home from Prescott. Little about the trip, flew into Phoenix Wednesday evening. Hertz upgraded my car to a 2021 Mustang GT with the 5.0 and ten speed. Was pretty impressed with that car and made the drive into Prescott that much better Thursday morning. Quick side note averaged 25 mpg and was holding 85-90 the whole way.

Alright onto the interview, met with the owners and Hr for two hours including a plant tour and to meet all of the employees. Separate 1 hour meeting with the head of the venture capital company that just acquired 51% share earlier this year. Owner is looking to retire hence the acquisition. Final hour was interviews with a few more individuals from different areas of the business.

After 4 hours of going back and forth with great questions an offer was thrown at me. I have not made a decision yet but I can say medical insurance is $1600 a month for the family 😢 with extremely high deductibles and they also do not offer a 401k.

The position is titled as “operations manager” yet all employees would be a direct report to myself including IT, engineering and finance. Currently the owner is the GM and he would be my direct boss. Therefore I would be topped out for growth for the foreseeable future.

The company itself is fairly interesting and has little to no chance of failing as they do not have any strong competition. I think I am going to have to pass on this opportunity for now but I can use this as a great learning experience as well as a confidence booster.

Thank you all for the advice and positive thoughts. For now I will continue my search for bigger and better things mostly out of this state that I live in.
without knowing all the relevant details, were they totally unwilling to compromise on the medical and compensation package? if so, then yeah, pass on it. my wife's employer is nice enough to reimburse us for having my employer provide medical coverage (~$300/mth). so that's a nice little side benefit

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
the important thing is you saw it through,a lot of folks wouldn't concider the leg work for the interview.you never know.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor