SEMA 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron_NC

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2019
I'm glad you got the Freemont experience, looks like you had a good time. This time I pretty much sat at the Linq promenade to eat and people watch

Yep it was a good time. Tired and back at work lol.

Reactions: 1 users

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Now that the the unSEMAble is out your system what are you looking for in regaurds to that 84?

Reactions: 1 user

Ron_NC

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2019

Yep, kinda sad. They had circles marked on the pavement they were in. I guess it's some kind of ordinance?

Ron_NC

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2019
Now that the the unSEMAble is out your system what are you looking for in regaurds to that 84?

I'm doing a LS swap. I was pretty lucking finding someone local who has done it before. This will be his third or forth time. He has already acquired a running 2001 firebird with a LS1. Looking for a 4L60 now :)

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
I'm doing a LS swap. I was pretty lucking finding someone local who has done it before. This will be his third or forth time. He has already acquired a running 2001 firebird with a LS1. Looking for a 4L60 now :)
Finishing one up for a discloSSed forum member-87 SS ground up resto.no 4l60's avail currently.i have 80's(pun intended mel;)) and t56's,nv4500's with the 6.0's to go with. 20190818_185000.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

RecklessRegal

Apprentice
Feb 17, 2019
SEMA is really kind of hit and miss, really just depends on what you are looking for.

If you are after performance stuff, it's really a waste of time because most of the companies in the central hall are sitting on their big announcements for PRI in January, but a few will give you the "you didn't hear it from me" tip.
If you are after eye candy, there are plenty of those, usually in the wheel and tire hall.
If you are after cool builds.... honestly most SEMA built cars are half assed pretty bad, usually due to tight deadlines.

I've gone every year for the past 20 years being local here, and honestly I covered the show in about 6 hours this week because it's so repetitive. Glad you got to check it out finally, hit me up if you come back out next year. I'm always down to buy a fellow member a beer.

Ron_NC

Greasemonkey
Oct 19, 2019
SEMA is really kind of hit and miss, really just depends on what you are looking for.

If you are after performance stuff, it's really a waste of time because most of the companies in the central hall are sitting on their big announcements for PRI in January, but a few will give you the "you didn't hear it from me" tip.
If you are after eye candy, there are plenty of those, usually in the wheel and tire hall.
If you are after cool builds.... honestly most SEMA built cars are half assed pretty bad, usually due to tight deadlines.

I've gone every year for the past 20 years being local here, and honestly I covered the show in about 6 hours this week because it's so repetitive. Glad you got to check it out finally, hit me up if you come back out next year. I'm always down to buy a fellow member a beer.

I'll let you know next if I go for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor