serpentine belt with tensioner kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

86_olds

G-Body Guru
Jul 26, 2009
so cal
olds307 and 403 said:
I used a 95 sbc 350 truck set up on my Olds but ran into problems. The driver's side two bolts line up but the bottom attachment point needs to be removed. The biggest problem is the passenger side, only ONE bolt lines up with the head. You need a custom bracket to go behind(needs spaced out anyways) that would allow at least two points attached to the bracket AND to the head. If you use the RWD Olds 4.3 V6 diesel water pump that is reverse rotation, the water pump pulley WILL bolt right on. The bottom pulley needs ground down to clear the top pulley. The bottom pulley also needs a much larger center hole and Olds bolt pattern drilled. Yes, Olds belt set up is far from simple.
thanks for telling me this looks like ama have to pass up this swap and just hang on to stock till engine gives out then ill have no choice thanks guy for all ur help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor