Serpentine setup for 307?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bfurches

Apprentice
Aug 1, 2011
Curious if anyone knows of a serpentine swap for an Olds 307?

On my sbc 350 that still had v-belts I was able to just snag a setup from a 4.3 blazer. Are there any swaps like this available for the 307 I may be able to track down in one of my local salvage yards?

Thanks

88hurstolds

Royal Smart Person
Jun 24, 2008

bfurches

Apprentice
Aug 1, 2011
yea no way I am spending 1400 on a 307 LOL

yea, I was more then less curious if there was any car out there that was a direct swap....

If not I have enough scrap laying around that I can just setup the bridgeport and make a few brackets....

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I'm working with a friend of mine to make aluminum brackets to basically do what was done in that thread on ROP.

My goal is to make them an absolute bolt-on affair so that there is very little fabrication involved. You'd basically need to source the Ford 302 crank pulley and have it drilled out to the Olds bolt pattern. From the one I have, the Ford pattern is not too far off from the Olds pattern.
You will also need the reverse rotation water pump from a 4.3L V6 Olds diesel.
For the P/S pump pulley you can buy a brand new one from Autozone for a '95 4.3L S-10/Sonoma.

The brackets are best sourced from and early to mid-90's GM pickup with a 4.3L/305/350.

What's nice about this setup is that all of the accessories get placed out in front of the engine so if your running tall valve covers, you don't have to worry about anything hitting.

These are the preliminary brackets I had made up but they are going to have to change. I was mocking these up with just the heads and not an actual engine so I need to change the locations of a few bolt holes.

2011-06-11_12-06-59_933.jpg

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
bfurches said:
nice work, did you mill those up yourself? They look really nice.

I took all the measurements and then drew them up in CAD. I sent the file to a friend who has access to a CNC milling machine and he cut those out real quick for mockup purposes.

bfurches

Apprentice
Aug 1, 2011
sweet...well if the price and materials is not astronomical, I may be interested in a set. Let me know when you get the final product mapped out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor