Shake your booty!

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
I believe it was caused by the mass exodus of people leaving the area and heading north for Mondays big event.
Local highways have been a steady stream of Flatlanders headed north.
Bring money, then go😜

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Hopefully it won't be a real life Night of the Comet scenario.

nightcomet2.jpg
Great flick... this is but just a fraction of the THANOS snap cleansing of the universe.

Unfortunately i have to work tomorro, i'll have zero protection, so if this scenario happens IRL... i'll never be heard from again. :p

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Yes, the entire world is heading to the zone to see the sun go dark. The glasses are going for stupid money, and will be useless after this. I am going to bring some welding helmets over so my Grandkids can watch without hurting themselves. I won't be alive for the next one, so, might as well enjoy the show.

Reactions: 1 users

WanaBa442

G-Body Guru
Aug 5, 2017
New England
Hey, the sun is going away!! We'd better go see it before it's gone!!
BB1lhcXw.img

It's worse than when Phish had their concert in Northern VT........
Buddy said it took him 1/2 hour to go one mile in local traffic.

• Haha

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
The welding helmets worked out great. The glasses the school gave the kids made the Sun look like a yellow blob surrounded by darkness. The welding helmets gave you a nice picture of the sky, the Sun, Moon, a good perspective. We didn't get anywhere near the 90% they promised.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I saw the beginning and the end, but missed the peak of the eclipse as it clouded over right then. Did feel the temps drop during the height of the eclipse. I got #14 shades for my old manual welding hemet and the cheesy fase shield that came with my MIG. My auto helmet only goes to #13 shade so I could not use it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My auto helmet would not darken at all unless I pushed the 'test' button. I thought it would. Not enough Sun radiation?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Used the welding helmet we have at work, auto tint kicked in as soon as you walk outside. We didn't get full cover here.

The amount of traffic some of you all got was insane. I used to live in Little Rock and that was ground zero for full cover. Friends of mine got some excellent pictures. Bunch of people flocked there too.

SS_Malibu

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Sep 27, 2021
Mesa, AZ
We had about 65% here in AZ. There were plenty of good quality welding helmets at my work since I work in a fabrication shop that pulse welds. That arc is super white.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I also have an old Jackson helmet, non auto. That gave the best clear shot of the Sun. You had a wide view and could still see trees, clouds, and stuff.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor