Shorty Header with Stock Exhaust for '84 305 Regal ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

torjan

Apprentice
Mar 27, 2009
Germany, upper Bavaria
I'm looking for some shorty headers which fit without problems (AC and Automatic Transmission Column Shift)
I have no Air-tubes and want to use the Stock Exhaust-routing (between oilpan and frame)

All i found at summit are Headers with Driverside-exit looks like the Passengerside (down between the last cyclinder and the firewall) and i can't understand how to get to the passengerside. (between Transmission and Engine is no place imho)
The Monte Carlo Headers and TES looks like there is a possible way, but how???

Driverside down between cycl 5 and 7 and passengerside between cycl 8 and firewall would be choice No.1 for me.
The headers for this, i think could work, are f-bodies from 82-92. They look much better in fitting. Any Tips????

thxs 4 help

routingway

http://www.getsome.de/exhaustway.jpg

You are on the right track with the f-body headers. I had the f-body shorty headers that originally ran the dr side pipe between the oilpan and crossmember like you describe. I actually had mine modified to run straight down because I'm running a bigger oil pan. The drivers side angles towards the fron of the car and inwards toward the oil pan to guide the pipe like you want.

I don't have a good pic of the pass side but it comes off at about a 45*angle. These are the Hedman 68470

Ok,thxs. So the driverside should be no prob
Seems that there are no much having with this problem cause all changeing to long tube 😉
How about the passengerside? Will it work with AC-Box and the Firewall, How about getting to the sparks?

It fits the pass side a/c like a dream. Plug access isn't too bad, I've had a lot worse access with other headers but they aren't bad.

headers arrived 🙂 but now.... the driverside looks very tight to fit, i would say its to tight, steering column very close to
pipe 7 and the shift linkage will come very close to. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor