sliding ragtop sunroof

Status
Not open for further replies.

finkous

Greasemonkey
Sep 3, 2014
Edmonton, Alberta
thanks for the pics, i have seen that blue one a few time... very well done car.
565bbchevy is completely correct, this is not a targa top, and as for wasting my money... well I'm probably gonna be sinking a fair bit of money into a 1981 chevrolet malibu and will never be worth what I put into it, thats why its called a "love for the car" or a "hobby" not an "investment"

This car is more my sunday fun car than a daily driver so I'm not too concerned about the harsh weather and such, but I am wondering what they did with the ribbed section of the roof.

Maybe I should become one of those rappers, and get me one of those girls with the big butts :)

williamattop

Master Mechanic
Apr 9, 2014
Appleton WI
If I ever build a wagon, this would be one of the first exterior mods done to it. My lady and my kids would love to cruise around with the top open like that.

pencero

Royal Smart Person
Feb 20, 2008
Ind.
I didn't tell the guy he shouldn't do it; just that it's expensive to do. If anyone had some kind of feelings about that it might be an estrogen problem going on.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
I've also wondered about the reinforcement ribs and inside cross bars regarding the strength factor.
I'll have to ask Johnnie.
and as far as a targa roof is concerned, that is absolutely NOT a targa roof. A targa roof usually has a lift off section that's almost like a convertible, but retains the sail panels and metal roof section.
I had a Porsche 914 with a targa roof. They were common on some earlier Porsche 911's.
Here's an example of a targa roof

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor