SMOG system question

Status
Not open for further replies.

84cutlass383

Master Mechanic
Nov 24, 2009
Oklahoma City
So I'm in the process of resealing the 307 in my 84 H/O, and found the Smog lines rusted thru. My question is, if I remove the smog system will that affect the computer running the carb? will I have to remove the EGR system as well? might be a dumb question but I just want to make sure. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Your smog lines...you mean the AIR injection tubes to the exhaust manifolds?

Why not replace them? Then you spend a lot less time than removing the complete system. Plus, if everything else is working ok, it ain't broke, so no need to fix it. Can't hurt anything to leave it in if it's working.

AIR system seems to be the most misunderstood system on the car it seems.

22534540 for LH and 22534541 for RH are the GM part numbers for the tubes. You can bounce this off of any of the box store auto parts store and see if they have their store brands if you don't want to search for NOS GM parts. For around 20 bucks, a couple of wrenches, and about 1/2 hour with a beer, you can fix those tubes.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users

Olds G's

Greasemonkey
Apr 6, 2020
CT
69hurstolds is correct for sure. I had to replace the LH set and found NOS GM ones available on E-Bay. I pushed the labor out to 2 hours 'cause I like beer.🍻

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor