So my Cutlass got hit today.... I need some help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
So I was pulling off to the side of the street to park when I here a loud THUD!.... A red blazer goes flying past, I get out see he hit the back of my car, and go after him to see if I could catch his plate #.... I couldn't and didn't want to risk the life of my car any more so I pulled over to see the damage.... Luckily it wasn't to bad.. The right tail light extension (or what I would call a quarter cap, plastic peice at the end of the quarter) is cracked....

My question who sells a "Tail Light Extension" or "Quarter Cap" or what ever it's called for a '78 to '80 Olds Cutlass? I all ready insurance isn't going to cover it, my deductable isn't low enough... So I'm on my own here.

Thanks for the help.

Camshaft

Master Mechanic
May 27, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio

silent_orchestra

Master Mechanic
Aug 27, 2009
Omaha, NE
No, it's hard plastic, at the end of the quarter. I found one on Ebay, the guy called it tail light trim. It comes off the back of the qaurter and wraps around the tail light... I'm just glad it's not any worse. My body guy said a splash of paint and about a half hour labor, and then while it's in the shop anyway I'm going to get a few things touched up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor