Some Inconvenient Facts About An Inconvenient Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Here's a link I just came across citing 10 pages of problems with Al Gore's assertions in his book and movie. http://www.cei.org/pdf/5539.pdf It makes for some good reading and gives you some ammunition against all of the Global Warming Chicken Little's running around out there.

I found it here, on a local Tampa area talk show host's website: http://schnittshow.970wfla.com/globalwarming.html He has a huge database of around 250 links on Global Warming and debunking it.

Stoopud

Master Mechanic
May 21, 2007
Cleveland Ohio
Its great that you can find counter points to the Global Warming issue. However, there are counter points to just about everything, even facts.

4 out of 5 dentists agree that Crest prevents cavities. Nobody really cares what the 5th guy thinks, even if he can get it published in a Conservative paper.

There are (2) opinions on this issue, so there is a 50/50 chance of being correct, with nothing else considered. One choice may cost a few dollars more or be less convenient (although it may actually create jobs) but save the world if they are correct. The other choice is business as ussual, so it is easier, but worst case scenario causes the world to be less/ un inhabitable. Which way are you going to bet? Remember the stakes are high.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I will choose the side that errs on the side of personal freedom, which is that global warming is not caused primarily by the actions of mankind. Yes, there is a lot at stake. There is at stake how the limited amount of time we are all alive for will be lived. I personally do not wish to sacrifice my life on the hunch and flawed computer models of a few scientists with an agenda. It is still colder now than it was during the Medieval Warm period. The warmest recent year was 1998 with a cooling trend since then. Also, why did the IPCC remove the language from it's report that was opposed to Global Warming? Why did it dismiss the work of many of it's own scientists in order to propagate it's own agenda? Could it be it's desire for funding and power, and not sound science? Also, why is China exempt from Kyoto? China has now passed the US in total carbon emissions yet it gets a pass in this agreement. Kyoto after all is fatally flawed because it's actual implementation has only served to transfer carbon emissions to underdeveloped countries which are exempt from it's draconian carbon cutting strategies. I would also ask that if the supposed melting of the Earth's polar ice caps is caused by human activity, why then are the polar ice caps also melting on Mars? Do we have industries there that we don't know about? Could it not just be natural variability in solar output instead?

Also, why not answer the actual discrepancies the site raises rather than attacking it's existence by marginalizing it as a conservative site? Is it because you cannot provide good explanations for what they said? I could just as easily say that global warming is Marxist propaganda being used to scare people into relinquishing their freedoms.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
i'm in the middle on this one. are areas of the earth getting warmer which could result in climatic changes and/or cause the extinction of animals? yes, the science on that is relatively clear. is it something humans are responsible for? again, the science is pretty clear that yes humans have an impact on the earth. HOWEVER, the planet periodically goes through these changes! that's why it's called the cycle of life. the sun increased in output about 50 years ago, which just happens to coincide with the beginnings of the global warming trend. on the other side, when Mt. St.Helens erupted the earth cooled due to the ash in the air (much like nuclear winter). it's always back and forth and there are always corrections.
do we need to keep our emissions down and does this require some personal sacrifice? yes but theres a limit. and it makes no sense to restrict some people and allow other to do anything.

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
The why i look at it if the Global warming is true why is it this winter here in Kentucky we have broke a few low temp record instead of high.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
more research needs to be done before the powers that be start imposing new legislature on Joe tax payer.

oh hell yes!!! i think that we're at a perfectly good point with cars, soon to be on heavy trucks (particulate filters are going to be mandated on HD trucks) and pretty good on corporations in the US. and that's the problem. In the US only. half of asia is burning coal but we don't seem to give a damn. these are of course the same people that steal jobs, patents, and military secrets, and shoot down unarmed recon planes, but we don't do a goddamned thing about that either. and they may just buy their way into the presidency. what the hell, they already bought her husband :roll:
sorry for the rant!!!! slightly off topic :soapbox: :itchy:

79malibu

Master Mechanic
Jul 30, 2007
south dakota
rant

megaladon6 said:
more research needs to be done before the powers that be start imposing new legislature on Joe tax payer.

oh hell yes!!! i think that we're at a perfectly good point with cars, soon to be on heavy trucks (particulate filters are going to be mandated on HD trucks) and pretty good on corporations in the US. and that's the problem. In the US only. half of asia is burning coal but we don't seem to give a damn. these are of course the same people that steal jobs, patents, and military secrets, and shoot down unarmed recon planes, but we don't do a goddamned thing about that either. and they may just buy their way into the presidency. what the hell, they already bought her husband :roll:
sorry for the rant!!!! slightly off topic :soapbox: :itchy:

You know what the extremely sad part about that is? IT'S ALL TRUE AND WE DON'T KNOW WHEN SOMEONE WITH BALLS WILL COME AROUND TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor