somebody buy this so i can laugh at you. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

2fit661ca

Master Mechanic
Nov 16, 2009
Fairfield, IA
at first i was like thats an 85 it has to have... t tops then i was like.... wow there just dirt filled when i saw them come off

It looks like it's in better condition that mine was when I got it.

If I were closer, I'd get it.

Attachments

• The Other Brother.jpg
    The Other Brother.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,049
  • Screenshot_2014-07-10-11-04-57.png
    Screenshot_2014-07-10-11-04-57.png
    315.5 KB · Views: 113
i love the whole "its rare and i know what its worth" deal.I wanted to buy this 84 cutlass supreme with a blown up 307,walmart paint job,rusted out floor pans,dirty interior and a leaking,non functional astro roof and he said $1000 because its "rare".sheesh

I like how he says there is "no rust" when you can clearly see the rust on trunk lid alone...a closer look would probably scare me. I sold my 1st car, which ended up being a pos rustbucket 85 cutlass with 3spd & 307 with a knock and an odometer that went around once for $600 lol. I bought an almost spotless 84' cutlass with v6 & 3spd and 60k miles for $2,400, now it has a sbc 350 & 700r-4 and I'd never sell it!!!

Even if it is rusty, which it doesn't look half-bad, $1500 for an '85 442 is a pretty good deal.

And $1000 for the '81 Cutlass with a 403 doesn't sound too bad either.

That whole "I know what it's worth" deal doesn't mean he actually knows. Most of our cars aren't worth much unless you have one of the special g bodies like aerocoupes or grand nationals. Other than that, even the monte ss's struggle to get decent money. The prices aren't bad but I would not pay that much for either one. A HO 307 didn't even make 200hp did they? That's like me putting my original 305 sbc on a pedestial :lol:

It's a lot better looking than my Ghia before I restored it. And guess what? It won two trophies at a car show yesterday. 🙂

I'm just sayin, i've seen much better for much cheaper. if oldsmobile had dropped a 455 into a cutlass, that would be a completely different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor