spacers???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewpie79

Greasemonkey
Jan 26, 2006
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I picked up a set of 235-65-16 tires on some really nice wheels very cheap. the tires are in great shape. Since I am new to the gbody, I did not check to see if this backspacing would work. I can't get them on the front or the back. What size spacers can I use. The offset is around 7. thanks

first are they 5 on 4.75? then lay the rim on the ground and put a flat edge across the tire. measure to the flat part of the rim that should give you a good ideaon your bs then figure out from the hub to the frame etc. to see what room you have there that should give you an idea what to look for thensee if you can find something in that range.

kewpie79 said:
anyone there?

First, with that much backspacing it sounds like these are FWD rims, which means they'll have a metric bolt pattern, not a 4.75" one. Sell em and get the right rims.

That would make sense, even newer RWD cars have deep backspacing. With that much of a difference, you will want to go to adapters, which are aluminum blocks that bolt to your hub with a second set of studs on it that you bolt the wheel to. These aren't cheap, but they are really the only way to safely mount a wheel with such a difference in BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor