Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well the batteries are week but it started right up again tonight. Tracking number says the shackle brackets just left Washington. I'm going to see if I can do it in the spare mechanical Bay at work because I want to pull the front diff and get new U-bolts I'm guessing that's something globex can get me.

Reactions: 3 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Shackle brackets came today unfortunately I was at work. When I got home I cleaned out the truck bed it always amazes me how much crap accumulates in the bed of a truck when you're not driving it. I'm going to wait until late night or early morning to drive it to the shop. Summer traffic at the jersey shore is no place for driving an unsafe vehicle. Got to hit a store for some grade 8 bolts to replace the rivets in the rails so I'll probably do that today. Just another small update but it's an update.

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Just got back from the blue big box home improvement store. I took the bracket with me to get a good fit. Turns out a metric m10.9 fits the best of course I had to get 2 different length bolts because they didn't have enough of 1 size but no big deal I'll make it work just like everything else on this truck. That's it for today I'm just going to take a shower and relax.

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
This actually got a little attention today. With the diesel daily back together I took a day to do things around the house and every air compressor I own is broken so I went ahead and installed some parts I ordered on the onboard compressor. New carb and fuel lines new petcock and grommet for the tank. Drained the old gas and the oil. More gas in the oil than oil. Monday night I'll get back to it. It will be nice to have air again. It was nice working out of the toolbox on the square it's been so long I forgot all what I have sitting there

Reactions: 6 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Fresh oil and filter fresh gas with stay-bill a little love and I've got air! Even got to use it to put air in some tractor tires.

Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor