Square body crew

Status
Not open for further replies.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Yes! I bet you all have smartphones. Sounds like Clutch got it right. I have a JBL Charge 3 for the garage and it is waterproof as long as it isn't plugged in. Perfect for scuba diving in a hot tub with fat gurls!
I used an old Motorola analog phone past when they allowed new accounts until my car was stolen with it in the glove box around 2006... and they wouldn't activate another.

Then I used original razor flip phones until 2014.. my firm (after I successfully resisted for 3 years) required I get one.

Since then I've had a Samsung galaxy s5, same phone. Why upgrade when what you've got works?

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I used an old Motorola analog phone past when they allowed new accounts until my car was stolen with it in the glove box around 2006... and they wouldn't activate another.

Then I used original razor flip phones until 2014.. my firm (after I successfully resisted for 3 years) required I get one.

Since then I've had a Samsung galaxy s5, same phone. Why upgrade when what you've got works?

Cuz my S5 took a dump, so I went to the wife's S4 which was on its last leg. I don't understand how you can make a phone last so long. I caved and got a Pixel 4 when they first came out, Verizon gave me $300 for the barely functional S4. But the FM dealie? The head units in both my trucks are OLD. So old, they were free, but they do have aux inputs.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Cuz my S5 took a dump, so I went to the wife's S4 which was on its last leg. I don't understand how you can make a phone last so long. I caved and got a Pixel 4 when they first came out, Verizon gave me $300 for the barely functional S4. But the FM dealie? The head units in both my trucks are OLD. So old, they were free, but they do have aux inputs.
Buy quality, put it in a good case.

My Motorola flip phone had a leather sleeve with the plastic hub you could latch in and out of a belt clip.

My s5 was in an otter box from new. Use that instead of a laptop generally, play like 3 games on it fairly regular too. Theres a light bit of screen burn in on top but doesn't bug me.

Right now I actually don't have an aftermarket or replacement radio in a single vehicle. Even my 77 truck? Its original 77 Delco radio. So on so forth.

The mustangs have Bluetooth and I guess plug in functions. Just haven't seen need to use it.

Reactions: 1 user

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Maybe when the new motor goes back in this thing I'll brake it in easy... Drive it down to Maryland I know a guy who loves wiring stuff up. LoL like 3 amps 6 speakers 2 subs a new deck and a tv dvd player lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Maybe when the new motor goes back in this thing I'll brake it in easy... Drive it down to Maryland I know a guy who loves wiring stuff up. LoL like 3 amps 6 speakers 2 subs a new deck and a tv dvd player lol

I tried to break the engine in my Camaro on the Dyno but it didn't take. 10 minutes on the race track and the rings took a seat and I knew it was over on power. I was. Break it in like a man! 'Merica!

• Haha

CrammerGram69

Master Mechanic
Nov 15, 2019
SW, Michigan
Anyone in Michigan or have contacts who got parts? Need some things for my 1982 k10 factory restoration.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Haven't gotten back to you guys sense the storm. The electric fan worked out beautiful I even ran with the plow to high to heat it up and the fan cooled it right off. The truck however took a bit of a beating in the storm. It was the heaviest wettest snow I think I've ever plowed! I was on smooth pavement and had to run pretty hard to keep it moving. The only damage is it puked spring hanger bushing at the rear of the right front spring. The hole in the hanger is worn out from it having bad bushings in the past and run that way for a long time in it's past life. So when I find one I'll cut the rivets and change the hanger. The issue it made is the front diff is shifting side to side so the front drive shaft beat the header collector apart. Until the weather brakes I'm just going to keep sending it.

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
Well it hasn't moved sense I plowed with it last year only because my attention has been devoted to other things. My need for a reliable and economical daily driver took up quite a bit of time this year. I'm sure you all know I had bought the green 02 Silverado 1500HD and every time I drove it it had another issue. Well I ended up doing a ton of work on it in fact it got a bed, rockers, cab corners and paint in the effected areas as well as the frame and cross members all welded back in. I'd finally had enough and sold that 2k POS for 6k on July 27 and bought an 11 Duramax that also needs a little work. Hopefully now that I'm not constantly repairing my daily I can get to fixing and installing my 454 back in and give her some love. I've also been dedicating a lot of time to Lauren and her being in the marching band. In fact last Sunday she won the tournament of bands East Coast championship in Harrisburg Pennsylvania division 3 open. So I'm a proud Papa. By the way turns out auto body is in the blood she helped me do the 02 Silverado

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor