SS TR Headers on Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

LemansWagon

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Feb 19, 2007
NJ
OK here's the deal. I have a 79 Lemans Wagon that I am building a blow through carb turbo 3.8 for. It's a low budget project just for fun. I have everything I need except exhaust manifolds. I see these stainless GN headers all over ebay for $150-190. They're polished and look nice and considering stock manifolds run half that used they seem like a great deal especially for some one like me who needs the whole manifold/crossover setup. Trouble is I never see any with any bids on them and can't find feed back from anybody that bought a pair anywhere on the seller's feedback areas. They are sold by a number of different sellers but appear to be the same product just a different photo.

Anybody know anything about these? Too good to be true?

ryanwitski

Master Mechanic
Nov 5, 2006
OH
the same company makes them for the F body. I get good reports until it's later down the road. They have been noted to crack at the flange. If you can afford it the best option is turbo manifolds not headers. They keep heat way down. just my 2cents

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
I would be careful of the E Bay turbo headers. I investigated them as a possible way to ghetto turbo a Sentra I used to have and everyone basically said to stay away. On the ones I am referring to, the stainless was a very thin grade and tended to crack in a week or two. This came from several people on a Nissan forum I was a part of at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor