Steering wheel chrome inserts???

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadianGMCgirl

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 27, 2014
Leduc,Alberta,Canada
anyone know where to get the horn chrome insert? or steering wheel insert? I tried that 3m chrome on a roll..doesn't fit too well and didn't stick..any ideas where to buy good used inserts? or are we out of luck? mines a 79 Caballero..I was thinking of buying a aftermarket wheel..but I like my org. GMC logo one..

Sandy...the piece is a plastic trimmed in silver. I've heard of people using everything from like 10 gauge wire to a piece of coat hanger. There is someone on ebay selling some kind of replacement trim insert...can't recall what it's made of...

I've actually got a couple or three of the original plastic ones here...not sure I'll use them all now that the 82 is being parted out and the 79 has a 4 spoke in it...

Found the link to the guy on ebay..
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steering-Wheel- ... bf&vxp=mtr

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
ahhhh crap he has 3 for sale but im blocked from contacting him..guess he hates Canadians..lol..doesn't ship to us either..who knows why...his loss....O.D.> wanna sell me one??? email me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor