Sticker Shock TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Local Hero

G-Body Guru
Nov 24, 2016
Northcoast, Cleveland, Ohio
Some here may have noticed that I'm a custom guy. My Dad and I have chopped numerous tops on cars that nobody really chops. Other cars have been turned into convertibles that never existed.

Many times the glass becomes the biggest stumbling block since you can't cut tempered glass. Oftentimes the "solution" is to make replacement windows in the size and shape needed out of lexan or heavy plexiglass. On one project, a 67 Bonneville, the roll-up feature needed to get reengineered in order to make the rear quarter windows work. We ended up making them out of heavy lexan, then then making them slide horizontally into a channel. When the top is up and the door glass is up, they stay very secure. When you want the top down, they just slide out and stowe in the trunk.

I think the easiest and cheapest work around for the wagon rear door glass would be to engineer them to be easily removable. So it's an all or nothing deal.

But I'm in the camp that, at least in my case, it's not worth the effort for me due to how my wagon gets used. I'm just sharing what worked for us for those guys who might want to consider out-of-the-box ideas.

Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor