Stock engine or race engine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidereyes455

G-Body Guru
Mar 6, 2013
Northeastern PA
You need a 3/4 race cam with a Vic Jr intake. It wont idle nice if it has a regular cam.
Actually it would probably be better still with a full race cam a 1000 cfm dominator and large tube open headers. And let's not forget that 100+ octane race fuel is also mandatory at all times.

Reactions: 1 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Race engine
08AF29A7-5B23-4908-BD63-1AF86FCA1288.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

78Delta88

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
May 23, 2022
SW Arizona
Hey bud; The previous work I've done around Tucson is basically ... I paid... And it's still f...ked up... Can you fix? That answer is yes, but the first question is what is your desire? Dream? End state? And the next is what is the budget? You want a daily driver with a little bit of spunk? Or full race monster? Both achievable, ... But what is the budget? 305 is limited to HP and torque, but that doesn't make it a bad engine. I actually like the 305. And in Arizona I am one of the few that used to build the 4 bolt main 305.

But back to basic questions... What do you want... And what is the budget?

Did you get my PM when I was at FT Sill? I was willing to meet with you and see where you are, and corrective actions possible.

In the mean time, been thinking about your issue and picked up a 327 out if phoenix, currently working with machine shop to see what can be done and what cost.

Current build in process in SBC 400 with 327 crank, good for easy 450 HP.

I've built a trophy winning BBC 69 Chevelle as well as sleepers. I like building the ratty looking sleepers better.

A 427 BBC Chevette full race bracket car or 4 door Impala that will scare the s...t out of you...

Basically still gets back to. What you want and what you can afford?

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
That answer is yes, but the first question is what is your desire? Dream? End state? And the next is what is the budget?
You want a daily driver with a little bit of spunk? Or full race monster? Both achievable, ... But what is the budget?

But back to basic questions... What do you want... And what is the budget?

Basically still gets back to. What you want and what you can afford?
You can say that as many times as you have, and you still won't get an answer.

You need a 3/4 race cam with a Vic Jr intake. It wont idle nice if it has a regular cam.
Double hump heads too. Got to have dem double hump heads so that sumbitch can jump coke cans...
If one has to ask on a forum about what it is they have..... They need to start from the beginning of how things work so they understand what impact all of the various changes can have.
You're expecting people to come to the internet and not want to be spoon fed. In this current society?

Spider Man Lol GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
You can say that as many times as you have, and you still won't get an answer.

Double hump heads too. Got to have dem double hump heads so that sumbitch can jump coke cans...

You're expecting people to come to the internet and not want to be spoon fed. In this current society?

Spider Man Lol GIF
Truth.
I felt like being Captain Obvious that day....

Reactions: 1 user
Nov 4, 2012
I would bet my right arm that engine has stock internals. It's gutless because it's clapped and because it's a smog era 305- it was gutless when it was new. Probably has 6:1 compression and runs on 7 cylinders.

• Agree
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users

DRIVEN

Geezer
Apr 25, 2009
*CENSORED*
Race 305 + 5500 stall + 2.29 gears = championship trophies.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

bracketchev1221

Royal Smart Person
Jan 18, 2018
Well it goes back to the theory that a race engine needs to run like crap. Which also points that if my car runs like crap it must be a race car. I used to go to the track, unload the car, run it all day, run 8.90's-9.0's depending on weather and then put it back in the trailer with only taking the hood off to remove the dust cap from the carburetor. Adjust the rockers twice a season and change the oil at the end of the year. The engine in the picture made 980 hp at 7200 rpm and 800 ft lbs of torque in a 3200 lbs car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor