Stock exhaust hangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
Can somebody post a pic of what the stock exhaust hangers on a GN look like and maybe even some pics of them 'in action'. Thanks

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I have some that lilbowtie gave me but used them to mount my tailpipes instead of a muffler.
IMG_1900.JPG
IMG_1901.JPG

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
So you adapted the hangers to mount to the tailpipes but that's not how it was done from the factory? The first pic looks like it was meant to be like that.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
So you adapted the hangers to mount to the tailpipes but that's not how it was done from the factory? The first pic looks like it was meant to be like that.
Yes I adapted the brackets for my tailpipes, the factory tailpipes brackets apparently were already discontinued and they look different and mount directly to the tailpipe. Somebody on here posted a picture of them off the car so I am not exactly sure how they are originally installed.
I had these muffler brackets and decided to just make them work for now and got lucky on the driver's side that it was close but I still had to make a bracket for it to fit the muffler mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor