Stolen ElCamino

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
My 1981 El Camino SS was almost stolen twice .And because of that I had to replace the damaged steering column . Until I installed a "club" steering wheel lock.And ever since then they have left it alone.
It takes seconds to remove a club w/a battery powered tool & I'm not a thief. If I know it, they know it ;)

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
It takes seconds to remove a club w/a battery powered tool & I'm not a thief. If I know it, they know it ;)
Back in the day a can of R12, a hammer, really good gloves. Then it was off to that pesky ignition lock. Not that I've done, but know of those who did,

E84MC

Apprentice
Jan 10, 2019
I’ve had multiple cars stolen and it’s one of the worst feelings so I feel for the owner. That’s why now I will never drive my car anywhere where it won’t be in my sight again, sucks that those kind of people are out there! A buddy of mines had his car stolen from inside his closed garage!😱

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user

LeftLaneOnly

Master Mechanic
Mar 20, 2020
I have to come up with a plan to protect my car better

g0thiac

G-Body Guru
Sep 6, 2020
Hot wire? With the right slide hammer they can yank the ignition lock cylinder with and start it with a screw driver in about 10 seconds. After all they need to overcome steering lock too. The slide hammer will do both at the same time right?
For vehicles that didn't have a side bar in the ignition, that is right. For one's with it, takes alot more effort.

A kill switch and club works best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor