stoolen car needs repaired and restored!

Status
Not open for further replies.

83CuttyDblR

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Apr 3, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
cuttysupreme said:
yea i looked at the kit for the trunk with an interior button. I think im gonna go with that one. Also on the door is it not neccessary to lock the door any more im guessing? if so how do u unlock it if you keychain dies

know what kind of batteries it has, change it every so often.

you can get a custom trunk that opens with a hydrolic lift by remote, similar to a SUV's tailgate window

DrRansom442

G-Body Guru
Aug 4, 2005
St Charles Missouri
83CuttyDblR said:
cuttysupreme said:
yea i looked at the kit for the trunk with an interior button. I think im gonna go with that one. Also on the door is it not neccessary to lock the door any more im guessing? if so how do u unlock it if you keychain dies

know what kind of batteries it has, change it every so often.

you can get a custom trunk that opens with a hydrolic lift by remote, similar to a SUV's tailgate window

Or you can find a 81 Cutlass. They had OEM hydraulic shocks. Mine still have enough oomph to open when I hit the remote

84GP455

G-Body Guru
Jun 19, 2007
Methuen Ma.
I don't understand shaving the lock and putting in an electric lock,,,if someone breaks into the car,,,can't they just push the trunk lock button and have access to your trunk and all your stereo equipment?? The electric trunk locks have constant power going to them so all you have to do is push the button no keys needed,,,,isn't this easier than trying to pop the lock off?? I have a trunk lock setup but will not install it because of this reason.

dan2286

Royal Smart Person
Mar 25, 2008
Cleveland, Ohio
84GP455 said:
I don't understand shaving the lock and putting in an electric lock,,,if someone breaks into the car,,,can't they just push the trunk lock button and have access to your trunk and all your stereo equipment?? The electric trunk locks have constant power going to them so all you have to do is push the button no keys needed,,,,isn't this easier than trying to pop the lock off?? I have a trunk lock setup but will not install it because of this reason.

You can make it so it has power only in key on. You can also hide the button somewhere hard to find. It can also be better if they can open the trunk without damaging it, if they hopefully dont plan on stealing the car, not that thats really a good thing if they open the trunk at all.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
Just remember that if they want to get in the trunk, they will. If there is no way to get in there easily from inside, they will destroy the back seat to gain access. Just remember that thieves have no respect for your property. I would say to go with an alarm, but no one notices them anymore. I like to tint my windows pretty dark, and then I don't play my stereo loud enough to draw attention, especially close to home. I have never had an issue with theft, maybe that's because I fly under the radar and also live in a pretty safe neighborhood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor