stoolen car needs repaired and restored!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cuttysupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2007
so my car was stolen and recovered. They only took my cd player, but realled screwed up my steering column and my trunk. I was planning on painting it as soon as it gets nice out anyways, and recently got some craiger ss rims for the nice weather also! When i do this i want to put a hood scoop on (non functional) and a spoiler. Since my trunk got screwed in this process (the key hole is now just a hole) i wanted to get a trunk and spoiler. I also need a side fender. i was just wondering if any one had any suggestions for getting these parts? is the junkyard my best bet or is their somewhere else i could look into? I also was wondering if their is any website to order paint, primer and whatever else i need to get it painted online? pretty much looking for any suggestions to help me through this! to say the least im pretty pissed off right now, but it could be worse and i could have no car at all right? i guess any help, ideas, suggestion will be greatly appreciated!

chevy94ss

Apprentice
May 23, 2006
owasso, oklahoma
sorry for your misfortune man. I can't really help you on the search for your parts but if it were me I would just shave the trunk lock and get an electronic trunk popper.

GrandPrixJamie

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2007
Schenectady New York
chevy94ss said:
sorry for your misfortune man. I can't really help you on the search for your parts but if it were me I would just shave the trunk lock and get an electronic trunk popper.
I agree.... save the money and shave the key hole if it isn't too mangled. as for the spoiler check around your local junk yards... you can make just about any spoiler fit with a little work.

Fear

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jul 26, 2007
Indianapolis
I took a wing off a 88 firebird. Search the forum, alot of people have done this and alot of info on what needs to be done. Where do you live, I know of atleast 1 yard near me with 5 nice cutlasses, real early 80's GP and monte, and a camino. And the parts are cheap, All depends on where you live for parts. You can get paint, primer and almost all materials at the autoparts store.

cuttysupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2007
yes, exactly what im looking for ideas like that! i may just shave the trunk! i live 20 mins south of pittsburgh, pa

cuttysupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2007
hey toni you happend to have a picture of that? I would love to see it, i tried searching for it i couldnt find it? And other than that anything to take into consideration before starting the popper job? After hearing that i really want to shave them all, but im nervous! any thoughts? thanks alot guys

andrewmp6

Master Mechanic
Sep 9, 2007
Shaving the trunk is easy can get a remote to open it or a button like most newer cars or a cable.If you shave all the locks and door handles get the kit that has the button you hide in a wheel well in case your remote battery dies.

cuttysupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2007
yea i looked at the kit for the trunk with an interior button. I think im gonna go with that one. Also on the door is it not neccessary to lock the door any more im guessing? if so how do u unlock it if you keychain dies

cuttysupreme

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 28, 2007
well im going to be putting in the steering column on thursday any tips or hints?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor