stupid cutlass questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepycutlasscruzer

Greasemonkey
Oct 9, 2011
detriot
ok i get the rally package on a cutlass but whats the diffrance between the cutlass supreme and the cutlass salon. i knew the basics about gbodys but now that im getting more into olds gbodys i guess im just want to know any and everything that i dont all ready. which isnt alot. if theres any cool facts or info tidbits that you might think i may want or need to know about gbody olds feel free to tell me. oh and why didnt they make a 88 442? just wondering.

dudeface

Master Mechanic
Aug 18, 2008
calgary alberta canada
the salon ralley gauge package is the same as the supreme/brougham cars. the only different one is the '87 442, it had a 120 mph speedometer, not the standard 85 mph

as to the no 88 442........lack of sales in previous years had a lot to do with it. i think the 1988 cutlass LV2 was the 442 fill in, also they were just trying to get rid of all those extra parts they had from prevoius years.....

peace

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
sleepycutlasscruzer said:
whats the diffrance between the cutlass supreme and the cutlass salon?

The Supreme is considered the 'lower level' or base model, and the Salon more 'upscale'...

The Salons came with bucket seats, ralley gauges, console w/floor shifter, F41 suspension, rear sway bar and a bigger front sway bar as standard equipment.
The only external difference is the Salon has amber parking lights in the front bumper. The Supreme's are clear.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
Supreme's were the base model and Salon's came standard with more of the "performance" pieces you could get on a 442 except for the engine/trans/rear.

However you could order a car just about anyway you wanted it. My '87 pretty much had all of the pieces a Salon would have had except for the ralley gauges.

In '87 the 442 was actually based on the Supreme model as opposed to previous years where it was based on the Calais (I believe).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor