Subtle differences in wiper arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

malibu80

Greasemonkey
Jan 17, 2008
Seattle washington
My 83 Malibu drivers side wipers would wobble and make a terrible noise when in use. I went ahead and replaced it with a new wiper blade but the problem was still there. I started to think perhaps there wasn't enough spring pressure holding the wiper assembly down on the windshield. I compared the passenger side to the drivers side and there was a noticeable difference in spring pressure. I removed my drivers side wper arm and was going to replace it with one from a 80 Malibu that I had stripped for parts. Here's where I was surprised, the spring on the 80 was noticeably heavier than the 83. Changed the arm out and problem solved. I'm starting to think as production of the G bodies continued, there were other subtle chanages that were made to save money on production costs.

Welcome to the world of mass produced cars produced by companies with bean counters. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor