Subwoofer box sliding around

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this problem too, I'm tired of it. Got me some angle iron from work, gonna make a little framework around my boxes. Then tack it to the trunk floor, since these boxes are temporary.. Hate going around a corner and having a box slide and yank out a power wire...No good.

Why not just build yourself a false floor and eliminate a sub box altogether? If build correctly, you won't have a need to even anchor it down. I used to build these a lot...might even have my drawings for one laying around somewhere....

i got a custom box with little edges on them made for drilling screws into. works good with me.. dont move at all. and sound/pundb better

gmachinzz said:
Why not just build yourself a false floor and eliminate a sub box altogether? If build correctly, you won't have a need to even anchor it down. I used to build these a lot...might even have my drawings for one laying around somewhere....
That's actually a great idea and you don't need a lot of depth when mounting subs and they end up sounding awesome, really hard to screw it up too.
Hmmmmm... I think my GP will get this treatment for the trunk, now that I think of it.

gmachinzz said:

Can I see that?

i have a false floor, but it houses my amplifier and amp fans.. this also took up a little space so my box i built slides nice n snug on the shelf.. can anyone tell me how to upload a pic on a post?? i dont use photobucket or anything like that but would like to post my trunks audio build.

this is my second build on the trunk (had many systems before but they were just huge boxes built for SPL) wanted something a little cleaner and less damaging to my ears.. still working on finishing it all up.. all work was done by me with minimal tools and experiance (trail and error is my way of learning) consist of 1 sundown sa10, hifonics zeus200.2 (800 watts rms bridged) also have a huge batcap hiding behind the spare tire, basically same thing as a capacitor, most of the trunk is sound deadened..

Attachments

• IMAG0467.jpg
    IMAG0467.jpg
    1,002.8 KB · Views: 609
Love the SUNDOWN 8'S
I got a matching sundown 125 amp
my box is tune to 35hzs and sit perfectlly on the upper shelf in the trunk,
im 65 and that one 8 beats hard enough for me, Id rather here the stroker purr than the sub but that is what age does to ya 😀
some of the new stuff that sundown is coming out with is just plain SICK :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor