Subwoofer mounting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
I have a question about mounting a subwoofer from the rear flange side. Has anyone done this? I really cannot think of any reason why it wouldnt work, just thought I would get an opinion. The woofer excursion should not exceed the hole's diameter. There is also a gasket that comes with the sub which fills the void space in the sub's ring to make it mount ok...I assume that is what its for. I would like to reverse mount because this is going to be a see through from reverse side box, presentation is important.

Take a peek and let me know

The normal front mounting way

THe reverse mounting way

Attachments

• IMG_2963.JPG
    IMG_2963.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 626
  • IMG_2964.JPG
    IMG_2964.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 628

shortydoowop138

Greasemonkey
Feb 15, 2007
Palm Springs, CA
I've never mounted a sub like that but I have done car audio on & off for about 10 yrs.. You can do a rear flange mount IF you use wide head screws.. Or drill pilot holes then use nuts, bolts & compression washers to secure it.. Hopefully someone else will chime in if they have a different opinion..

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
shortydoowop138 said:
I have a quick question.. Are you building a box with a see-thru back, an infinite baffle or experimenting to see what sounds & looks good?

Just a see through back. Already know it will hit like a brick. Just need it to look good

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor