switching from 24t to a 58t

rafael martinez jr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2017
new jersey
hi im buliding a 416 ls stoker motor the block has the cam sensor in the back do i have to change the cam sensor to the front or can i keep it in the back if so does anyone have any part numbers of what i have to get im pulling out the 5.3 and i do have both wiring harness that came with the msd any help thx

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Well, that depends on if the MSD can run the 58X with a 1X Cam Sensor.

Why are you going to 58X? There are plenty of 24X 4" Cranks out there I've built a few stroker LS Engines with them.

rafael martinez jr

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 13, 2017
new jersey
Well, that depends on if the MSD can run the 58X with a 1X Cam Sensor.

Why are you going to 58X? There are plenty of 24X 4" Cranks out there I've built a few stroker LS Engines with them.
the msd box came with both wiring harness 24 and 58 and my engine builder said that i have more timing opinions cause im also going to run nos anywhere from 200-500

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor