T-top weatherstrip retainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

DB87442

Apprentice
Nov 27, 2021
Cartersville, GA
Putting new weatherstripping on the t-tops this afternoon and found some rust spots. Not terrible, but still disappointing. Anyway I found on Mike’s Monte’s this piece which is what I need replaced. I don’t see where on my car it would bolt on though. Is the original piece glued on? How do I mount a replacement?

0F626D7F-CFD9-4EF2-B6A8-2D692EF0433A.jpeg

18E9D55B-61B2-4996-AE0F-CF42F0E29F3C.png

Reactions: 1 user

69hurstolds

Geezer
Supporting Member
Jan 2, 2006
Man, that previous owner is such a hack... :)

J/K.

Anyway, those retainers are usually spot welded in place. They were actually spot welded from the factory without any holes. The replacement piece appears it has holes for spot welding or screws, but I'd still spot weld and seal the pi$$ out of it if'n it were me. Rust repair ain't no joke in that area. You need to check the metal panel underneath as well. It looks to me there's some rust damage there causing an additional headache. If there was one area that GM fell down on bigtime on these cars is the rust prevention, or lack thereof, they did in the T-top area. SUCKS DONKEY BALLS.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor