Taller tires changing the shift point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Also if the car is drivable most recycle yards have certified scales you can weigh your car on for a small fee.
All the ones here that fee is for a certified weight slip, just rollin over for a number is free.

Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
All the ones here that fee is for a certified weight slip, just rollin over for a number is free.
That makes sense, I got the slip each time I went.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Have to know what your Monte with that BIG block weighs...??? 38xx lbs ?
It is a pig, 3,780 when it had a aluminum headed 496 in it, and 4,000 with the 565 and after the roll bar install , frame notch with added bracing and the nitrous set up with a secondary fuel system.
But also consider this is fully loaded with ASC power sunroof, power windows, locks and both buckets seats and having braided lines for everything, huge exhaust and a lot extra interior insulation to keep it quiet in there. I think the AC set up not yet installed will add another 35 lbs or so.

Reactions: 1 users

Tony1968

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Jul 1, 2018
NW Indiana
It is a pig, 3,780 when it had a aluminum headed 496 in it, and 4,000 with the 565 and after the roll bar install , frame notch with added bracing and the nitrous set up with a secondary fuel system.
But also consider this is fully loaded with ASC power sunroof, power windows, locks and both buckets seats and having braided lines for everything, huge exhaust and a lot extra interior insulation to keep it quiet in there. I think the AC set up not yet installed will add another 35 lbs or so.
That's not too bad considering what newer muscle cars weigh. Thinking Challenger etc. Does your sound deadening help?

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
That's not too bad considering what newer muscle cars weigh. Thinking Challenger etc. Does your sound deadening help?
It is very quiet inside the car, I can hear the stereo and conversations easily.

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Did you just do floor ? I'm finishing the process now. Going to do doors next.
I did the floors the most but also redid the original door insulation in new thicker material and also behind the rear seat since I have an aluminum firewall there.

Ernest

G-Body Guru
Apr 28, 2016
Texas
Even with that 565cid, you still have way more engine than car... i beleive the performance standard is 100cid per 1000#, so you're good up to a 5,650# car, not that anyone would ever go that heavy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor