TBI EFI throttle blade synching

bruisedbanana79

Master Mechanic
May 6, 2021
Both my dad and I have been chasing idiling issues on the atomic efi and Fitech. We have adjust the throttle blades per procedure countless times and can never get the IAC values perfect or the idle to be just right. This weekend it finally clicked for my pops, he remembered using a synchrometer to synch multi carb set ups back in the day. Figured I would pass this along since we were both able to get our systems running perfectly in a matter of a few minutes using a cheap tool.

IMG-3146.jpg
Don't mind my sweet paper towel tube adapter, the atomic has the venturies up higher than most EFI set ups so I had to notch the cardboard to make it seal properly.

IMG-3149.jpg
First up we disconnected the linkage between the two blades and got the car running and ideling as close to our idle rpm goal as possible. Then we started measuring front and rear flow with the gauge to get them both to have the same flow reading. Once they were synched we adjusted the linkage to slip in and called it a day.

If you are have one of these efi set ups I would highly encourage you to spend the $40 on a simple tool. Both of our cars have a much more stable idle and IAC values. Tip in on the throttle had a noticeable difference taking off from a stop

IMG-3147.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-3148.jpg
    IMG-3148.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 44
  • Useful
  • Informative
Reactions: 5 users

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor