Tell me more. Grand national cluster ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
I have one nit sure if I wanna use it or sell it haven't found any online. What can u guys tell me

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 916

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
If you run a digital cluster you will need to have the special wiring dash harness needed to make it operate as well as the engine harness. If you want to sell it let me know I am going to do the conversion

chevy2480

Royal Smart Person
Apr 28, 2010
williamstown nj 08094
Digital dash power suppies go bad and cost almost $300 to have fixed. They require a different under dash harness to be used. The speedo stops at 85mph and simply flashes. You need a hoob switch for boost to light up. Although a cool item not many people want them. I know alot of guys switch to analog. Also it requires a 120 ohm fuel sender for gas gauge to read right. I sold the last one i had on ebay for $100.

It does not however require a different engine harness as previously stated. The engine harness is the same if you look by map sensor there is a brown plug that would go to hoobs switch. At least on a 86-87 its not different

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
if It works ill buy it as mentioned before.

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
I don know if it works and I don't know how to test it it's why I said it's for sale as is. .. I also have some kind of wiring harness assuming it's grand national and I don't think I'll be spending the money to get it Tested unless this cluster is worth big money

tobyp

Royal Smart Person
Jun 12, 2011
Cincinnati, Ohio
problem is, if it doesnt work. Itts shot, not worth anything. It wll cost 300$ just to fix it

elcaminodan

Greasemonkey
May 8, 2012
The previous owner of the car I bought suddenly died and he was putting all the grand nat stuff in the car so based off that I can only assume it worked fine before I understand I just don't want to spend 300$ to test it and have it be worth 100$

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor