TH 400 identification

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsEZ

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2014
Im posting on G body because ive posted on other sites and everyone tells me do the research or buy the book an no one seems to wanna help. But ive done the research an i cant find anything on the id tag numbers i have. The id tag is stamped 85-FM-61791. Only info ive found was something that said series 30. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

ItsEZ

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2014
Yes looking at the id tag. and positive its a th400. I know the 85 is probably a year. Not sure the FM is probably the car and the other numbers i have no idea i cant find info on 79 and newer th400s all codes i find are for early models. Found some info that said FM is for series 30 im guessing series 30 is a model of truck or model of a motorhome or something.

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
My research indicates there is no such thing as a T-400 ID list. Lots of sites have tried and failed to produce a comprehensive list. Best I can guess is it's from am '85 truck.

Skitter302

Apprentice
Jan 20, 2014
USA, WA
ItsEZ said:
The id tag is stamped 85-FM-61791. Only info ive found was something that said series 30. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks.

btw, do you have numbers stamped higher up on the tag?

http://www.teufert.net/trans/t-400.htm
I'm guessing that the 85 is 1985
FM = CHEVROLET/GMC TRUCK / FULL SIZE CARGO VAN

GMC did have a line of Trucks and vans were series 30 was the 1TON line. Series 20 was the 3/4TON line. and Series 10 was the 1/2TON line.
Transmission tags are taking my head for a spin. :drool:

ItsEZ

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 9, 2014
Thanks for all the help guys i Figured it was from an 85 truck as well. Trying to figure out some of these transmission codes is nearly impossible. Closest i found was Fm stood for series 30 but that was on a site that only went up to 1981. Really appreciate all the info though thanks a bunch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor