th 400 whinning noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooler26

Apprentice
Aug 12, 2007
I just put a th400 in my monte. When i started it for the first time the trans has a whinning sound coming from the front. The higher you rev the louder it gets. New b+m torque converter. The guy I bought trans from said it was rebuilt. Looked clean inside. I have new fluid and its at the right level. Took it for ride around block and trans is still whinning. seemed like trans was slipping between shifts. Any ideas? Im thinking its the pump....

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
Sounds like the front pump.

Minion1186

G-Body Guru
Apr 12, 2009
I thought you rotate them three times and here three clicks and thats how you know its on right? Do you fill the converter before you put it on?

cooler26

Apprentice
Aug 12, 2007
Put quart fluid in t c before installation. Going to to change filter to mesh one. Someone said filter could
Be restricting flow to pump. Other then that im stumped...

cooler26

Apprentice
Aug 12, 2007
reseated tc again. Also put washers between flyweel and tc to close gap. Didnt make a difference still have whine. :cry: Also transmission line dont seem to be heating up... dont think have to much pressure from the pump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor