The 18" SS III Wheels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogsht

Royal Smart Person
Nov 11, 2008
Dayton, OH
No! I hope Brian at goody parts is interested. Thought Year One was going o sell this wheel. They or somebody had pics & info listed on it at one time. If I had bought my old 442 back I would try to go with this wheel in an 18.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I wasn't going to say it just yet, but I bought the 4 centers and hoops plus the only existing assembled prototype wheel/tire from Gary Willard. They are absolutley beautiful!! It's a shame they never got produced for everyone to enjoy.

Hutch

rfpowerdude

G-Body Guru
Jul 15, 2013
Palm Bay, Fla
I was in contact with Gary for years while he was working these. I was one of the three or four people who verbally committed to deposits if he could get a run in the chute. I was going to use them on the silver car in my sig. Sucks that no company would bite. I think Gary (and Luke and the rest of who worked on it) had something really nice there. I would still buy a set for my '83 if someone produced them...

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
I completely agree. The company that was going to produce them backed out, and left him with few options. Gary is a great guy with a great product that just never got the traction it deserved. The Olds community could have really benefited from having a cool SSIII billet wheel. I think there were a few that had no idea how much a custom CNC 2 piece billet wheel would cost, and were amazed when they were announced at $650+ a wheel. A lot of people disappeared after that. Maybe GBodyParts will do some sort of version of it, like the GN wheels.

FE3X CLONE

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 2, 2009
Ohio
I didn't think he could ever get the number of people needed to make a first run? Could be why the company backed out?

I would have liked a set but already had a set of wheels and unfortunately, the market just seemed to be very limited on who would really spend that kind of dough on wheels for their Olds unfortunately. :(

leftrightother

Apprentice
Mar 14, 2009
Canada
It's too bad these were not made. I wanted a set. Now I'm looking once again at my options. I have ss 3 15" wheels on now but I'm sick of polishing them.

DoubleV

Royal Smart Person
Feb 25, 2011
Medina Ohio
BigGeorge said:
Are there any other 18" or 20" wheels that look bitchin' on Cutlass?

Considering 'bitchin' is a subjective term, of course there are. My friend has dogdish caps on one of his Cutlasses. He thinks they look bitchin. I think they look like $hit. Tastes obviously vary.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
The Hurst name has a new line of wheels that may look good on our cars. I haven't seen a G-Body with them on, but it would be a nice nostalgic tie in to Olds' past relationship with Hurst.

http://hurstwheels.com/wheels.cfm

This would have been high on my list of "possibles" if I didn't score the SSIII's

Hutch

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor