The GBody Blazer brake upgrade question

Rt Jam

G-Body Guru
Mar 30, 2020
Ontario Canada
YMMV then, it appears some have had success with the stock one and some haven’t. I’ve heard others say the stock bracket worked too. I tried it with the stock and found that it didn’t put the brake line in a good spot without risk of it binding or getting smashed. Perhaps it’s because I have AM brake lines.

I too tried both Blazer bracket and G body brackets. The some do some don't comes down to how much hose tension or folding are you going to put up with.

One this I noticed is most have the stock coil spring in the car. So with the car on stands or a few years on the road at ride height. Sweep the wheel left and right and decide if the hose is happy.
Since I have coil overs. I disconnected the springs and swept the wheel from full left to full right A N D repeated this with the suspension fully compressed. I admit, it may be a rare scenario that a car will be at compression and full steer at the same time. I am here to report both brake line set ups will not satisfy under both conditions at all ride heights.

I was truly hoping the stock set up work satisfy me. I prepped the brackets before installation and bought all new brake lines, only to throw them in the garbage after not being satisfied with their position at full lock.

Attachments

• 20211201_221216.jpg
    20211201_221216.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 90

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Bravadas came standard with all wheel drive which is basically a 4 wheel drive vehicle.As such, you can't use Bravada parts.
Thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't aware of the Bravadas being only 4WD or AWD.

Last edited:

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
I read over on an Olds forum that 1986 Corvette front brake hoses work well with Blazer brake swaps.

2203442.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

57 Handyman

Master Mechanic
Feb 6, 2017
Basically,now that I've been able to resolve wheel and rim clearance issues, there are two remaining issues regarding the front blazer brake upgrade: (1) which hose brackets to use Blazer or El Camino brackets and (2) overall hose length between bracket and caliper. I appreciate the tip to try an 86 Corvette hose.

1KWIKSIX

Greasemonkey
Jun 26, 2017
Mississauga , Ontario, Canada
Basically,now that I've been able to resolve wheel and rim clearance issues, there are two remaining issues regarding the front blazer brake upgrade: (1) which hose brackets to use Blazer or El Camino brackets and (2) overall hose length between bracket and caliper. I appreciate the tip to try an 86 Corvette hose.
Blazer brake hose brackets rubbed tires near full steering lock so removed for factory G body brake hose brackets which work perfectly

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor