the monkey's car

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think of that era not only was the Munster's car highly regarded, but all of George Barris's creations as well as the Batmobile and Monkees' cars. Stuff we take for granted nowadays was new and cutting edge back then. These were the Boyd Coddingtons of that time. As teens the best we could do was to jack up the suspension, bolt on some Crager SS's, swap in a Torquer manifold, Holley carb, Crane cam and headers and away we went.

i was gonna say the same thing, but i still like the munsters cars better.
RFCruise1a.jpg

RaceTrack1.jpg

YAY!

I know I'm dating myself a little, but I recall going to the NY Colleseum custom car shows back in the mid '60's. I've seen the Munster cars, original Batmobile, and several of Ed Roth's creations just to mention a few. Too bad I didn't own a camera back then.
The Monkey's car came out alittle later. I thought it was rather ugly with the conestoga top. But again it was a Barris built custom and I'm sure worth it's weight in gold today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor