THE SEARCH IS OVER!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
Are those S10/Blazer rims??? Anyway thats a solid looking car. Perfect foundation for a whole helluva lotta fun!!!

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Thanx for all the replies thus far guys. The guy actually wanted $1500 for it, but since I drove so far, he knocked off $200 for fuel and dolly rental. If I would have been local, he wouldn't have budged on the price. He also gave me an extra ralley pack. Anyone know who refurbishes those things? My plans are to drop my 333(327 bored .040 over) and t5 in. It has been professionally built, it's never even been started. I'm wanting on my engine guy to dyno but it's bout to be racing season so he is pretty backed up. If everything works together the engine should have 360-400 hp at the flywheel. That paired together with the t5 and a 373 or 390 rear gear should make it a fun driver.
The first set of wheels that were in the pics were s10 wheels and the others were sonoma wheels. Oh and the rear frame rails, floors, etc. are good. No rust except a lil under the tops and lil on the bottom of the drivers door, I'm happy, no complaints at all.
Me and my dad actually pulled the current motor and transmission out today along with the front clip.

Peter

Royal Smart Person
Jun 27, 2007
MA
good job holding out for a t-top car, it will pay off big time when you are done

83 HO Dreamin'

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 25, 2010
Nice find indeed. Just wanted to let you know , if your looking for any of the interior plastic woodgrain pieces or a nice set of 84 and up grilles let me know. Congrats again and have some fun with it .

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
83 HO Dreamin' said:
Nice find indeed. Just wanted to let you know , if your looking for any of the interior plastic woodgrain pieces or a nice set of 84 and up grilles let me know. Congrats again and have some fun with it .
What would you want for the grills to 37334. It doesnt matter about the year because I'm gonna put my own custom twist on em. I'll even take some that are rough as long as all the mounting tabs are still intact, one of mine are broke.

84sscutty

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2009
Fayetteville, Tennessee
Thanks for the good luck wishes and compliments on the cutty fellas. Drivetrain is out and body should be off by next weekend. I'm gonna wait til I have accumulated plenty of pics and have plenty of progress before I start a new thread.

Attachments

• Tiny's 350 #1 (Before 1).JPG
    Tiny's 350 #1 (Before 1).JPG
    763.8 KB · Views: 348
  • 1985 Salon 24 (Front Removed).JPG
    1985 Salon 24 (Front Removed).JPG
    750.3 KB · Views: 371
  • 1985 Salon 23 (Front Clip 2).JPG
    1985 Salon 23 (Front Clip 2).JPG
    757.2 KB · Views: 352
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor