The Shaggin Waggin

Status
Not open for further replies.

1980PontiacWagon

Greasemonkey
Mar 23, 2011
wagon sits great..and as for the rear windows..i've heard that some people just completly remove them when its nice out..and just bolt them back in later.

sirhc2004

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 29, 2012
Lambchop76 said:
Just bought my first wagon, got lots of ideas swirling around my brain. Thinking of keeping it retro instead of doing the normal modernizing some people do with their rides. Other than swapping in an LS engine for reliability, I want to keep the body and paint as it is with only a couple subtle mods like narrowing and tucking the bumpers and lowering it the right way. As far as interior goes I am thinking of going with tweed for the headliner and dual bench seats. And maybe even doing some thin simulated hardwood flooring in the cargo area and on the back of the seat. Thoughts? Suggestions?

yours looks like the half twin to my wagon

2up7knk.jpg

84cutlassjuggalo

G-Body Guru
Jun 25, 2010
Morell PEI Canada
Lambchop76 said:
And maybe even doing some thin simulated hardwood flooring in the cargo area and on the back of the seat. Thoughts? Suggestions?

if you keep it off the back of the seat think it would look awesome.

Also its probably been asked but I guessing the back windows in 4 door gbodies don't go down but if they do couldn't you just swap them into the wagons?

hemiqc2003

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 15, 2012
Franklin, IN
I have an all original 78 olds wagon and I plan on doing the old skewl thing also. Rally wheels, BFG raised white letter tires. Haven't figured out the interior yet just because no one makes replacement interiors yet.

Good luck in your build. LS swaps can get expensive, doing one now in my 66 malibu.

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
sirhc2004 said:

2up7knk.jpg
==========================================================================================================
Welcome aboard!
Introduce yourself and tell us about your wagon.
We like pics, too. :wink:

sirhc2004

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 29, 2012
thats the best pic ive got at the moment.....but its a 79 malibu wagon with a 95 tbi 350/700r4 combo that gets close to 23mpg

Longroof79 said:
sirhc2004 said:

2up7knk.jpg
==========================================================================================================
Welcome aboard!
Introduce yourself and tell us about your wagon.
We like pics, too. :wink:

sirhc2004

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Oct 29, 2012
here is another pic of it.....ill get some engine shots and interior in a few days when i get time off work

23nrs2.jpg

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Good lookin' ride. Thanks for sharing the pics.. 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor