The Spotted Thread

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
supkylesup said:
Saw this one out in freemont Ohio nice looking cutlass
45eeb5d8.jpg
Man you just keep on getting closer to my area!

Reactions: 1 user

breeaad

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
RITTER said:
-83MONTESS- said:
Notice the sh*t can to the right :puke:
HA
That "sh*t can" WRX would probably smoke about 75% of the cars owned on this site :roll:

There is a sweet Cutlass downt he road from my place. I will have to swing by and get a picture of it tonight after work :mrgreen:

Those STI's (assuming that is not a plain WRX) run pretty good for a 4 cylinder, but considering its barely 300 horse in a 3300 pound car, they are no hot rod. I think the quarter times are in the mid-13's. Good enough to make easy work of alot of the factory cars, but I definitely wouldn't want to stumble into a street race in one against a large number of the cars on this site (straight line, anyways).

I had a friend buy one for his daily driver, and being used to the 450 horse of his SR20DET S14 (that only weighed 2600 lbs)he was really disappointed. He ended up trading it for an Altima SER because he would rather have some usable room in the car rather than an extra 0.5 seconds in the quarter.

I do have to admit though, being able to dial in the front/rear power distribution from the driver's seat is pretty cool!!! But the intercooler sprayer was a bit gimmicky, imo.

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
-83MONTESS- said:
Those STI's (assuming that is not a plain WRX) run pretty good for a 4 cylinder, but considering its barely 300 horse in a 3300 pound car, they are no hot rod. I think the quarter times are in the mid-13's. Good enough to make easy work of alot of the factory cars, but I definitely wouldn't want to stumble into a street race in one against a large number of the cars on this site (straight line, anyways).

I had a friend buy one for his daily driver, and being used to the 450 horse of his SR20DET S14 (that only weighed 2600 lbs)he was really disappointed. He ended up trading it for an Altima SER because he would rather have some usable room in the car rather than an extra 0.5 seconds in the quarter.

I do have to admit though, being able to dial in the front/rear power distribution from the driver's seat is pretty cool!!! But the intercooler sprayer was a bit gimmicky, imo.
Idk for me its a pride thing. Id rather drive american than import. I dont care if its my cavalier its just how I think. Oh also NOTHING compares to a V8. No pissed off weed wacker can EVER replace the rumble and shear power :twisted:

hmm. the only thing wrong with the sti is it has viscous couplers (vs torsen diffs) and cant hit 40psi like the 4g63t equivalent. Otherwise I'd think you'd be surprised what it can do with a bigger turbo & tuning, and how many v8's they can leave in the dust. What it lacks in torque it makes up for in traction, on the street a big v8 means nothing.

-83MONTESS-

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 4, 2010
Bellevue, Ohio
custom442 said:
-83MONTESS- said:

Idk for me its a pride thing. Id rather drive american than import. I dont care if its my cavalier its just how I think. Oh also NOTHING compares to a V8. No pissed off weed wacker can EVER replace the rumble and shear power :twisted:

hmm. the only thing wrong with the sti is it has viscous couplers (vs torsen diffs) and cant hit 40psi like the 4g63t equivalent. Otherwise I'd think you'd be surprised what it can do with a bigger turbo & tuning, and how many v8's they can leave in the dust. What it lacks in torque it makes up for in traction, on the street a big v8 means nothing.
Your not understanding me :roll:

custom442

Royal Smart Person
Jul 4, 2008
Houston
-83MONTESS- said:
Your not understanding me :roll:

I understand fine, for a daily driver I'd rather have an extremely fast weed whacker with full time 4wd than a huge v8 that gets sideways at every blip of the throttle.

...one crazy idea of mine would be something like an older mitsubishi, maybe a colt, with a small turbo diesel swap instead of a gas engine and the early evo front/rear diffs and transfer case. Then fit it with some aggressive hydraulic suspension and make everything waterproof, tear out interior and snorkel + exhaust out the roof of the car through the interior so it doesn't look ridiculous. Get some knobby tires and cut the wheel wells larger and have the most badass offroad car ever. Be driving in the river while all the trucks are chillin on the bank 8)

off topic. I'll stop now.

breeaad

Greasemonkey
Jun 4, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
custom442 said:
-83MONTESS- said:

Don't take me wrong, they are great cars. And I have nothing against the tuners. But I was talking about the WRX in stock form. There are plenty of turbo'ed SBC's making 2000 HP, and it doesn't take 40psi to do it. When the WRX came out, everyone tried to compare it to a Corvette, and that is a stretch. Its the same with Grand Nationals. There are so many people out there who believe they are 11 second monsters in stock form. A good comparison would be the STI and the SRT4 or the EVO. And of those, the STI is my pick. But compare a stock STI vs the majority of the cars on this website (400+ hp and similar weight), and the STI would be on the loosing end of that race. Unless of course the race is in the snow, or on a curvy road . :lol:

bill

Royal Smart Person
Jul 11, 2008
southside va/lake gaston
supkylesup said:
hey thanks for the heads up i forgot about bluring the license plates ill edit them in just a moment

Question,
How can the photo of a plate cause the owner any problems. They are visible to every tom, dick and harry driving down the street all day and night. Just dont see what hiding a plate does for security....maybe Im a bit old school...lol. :friday:

ERIC87442

G-Body Guru
Jul 18, 2009
Monroe, Wisconsin
bill said:
Question,
How can the photo of a plate cause the owner any problems. They are visible to every tom, dick and harry driving down the street all day and night. Just dont see what hiding a plate does for security....maybe Im a bit old school...lol. :friday:
i strongly agree with that

Camshaft

Master Mechanic
May 27, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
-83MONTESS- said:
The only car I was around and ever worked on when I was younger is my dads '68 442 in my avatar so I learned young :D .

Oh, I get it now. Stockholm syndrome. It all makes sense.

Anyhow, here's a nice Regal I spotted in Cleveland Heights:

RegalBeagle.jpg

It was likely stolen mere moments after this photograph was taken.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor