Theft Deterrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
Like others, I've invested a great deal of time, money, and effort into my vehicle and I'd like to get some suggestions on deterring potential thieves...

I haven't had any attempts on my vehicle, but I don't want to wait until I do to address the issue...

I'm already looking into the installation of a kill switch, but I'd like some suggestions and/or feedback on other devices...

I read a little bit about Steadfast collars, but some owners complain about the rubmarks left around the steering column. I wasn't able to tell if the marks only applied to vehicles with column shifters. My shifter is on the floor...

Thanks in advance for any input...

SeeMy355

Apprentice
Apr 15, 2009
kingcolbert83 said:
http://autospeed.com/cms/title_The-Worlds-Best-DIY-Immobiliser/A_107975/article.html

also the grant no wheel no steal

I'm looking into them now...

Thanks for replying...

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
I want the grant no wheel no steal but it is expensive and I cant seem to find any used ones. Guess they work pretty good and it is pretty cool.

HurstOlds

Master Mechanic
Sep 21, 2007
Illinois
Someone with a tow truck could still get away with your car even if you have a boot on it. They'll just use a Go-Jack on that wheel, or just say F-it and pull the car all the way up on the flatbed with the wench

I would say just get a really good security system with a wireless pager thing that will alert you instantly what's going on with your car

78 salon

Greasemonkey
May 3, 2009
Brookfield, Ill
The reason that I brought this up, is that last Sept. I had my 82 delta taken from the parking lot of my apt. at 5:15 p.m.,on a Friday afternoon. Funny thing, I live above an ins. co. 's office and across from a Dunkin Dognuts. Nobody saw a thing nor thought anything of it. I work nights, so I didn't know it until I got home. The wife didn't even notice it, but she thought it was a pos anyway :roll: The battery was disconnected too. Who would steal a beast like that?

kingcolbert83

G-Body Guru
Mar 26, 2008
HurstOlds said:
Someone with a tow truck could still get away with your car even if you have a boot on it. They'll just use a Go-Jack on that wheel, or just say F-it and pull the car all the way up on the flatbed with the wench

I would say just get a really good security system with a wireless pager thing that will alert you instantly what's going on with your car

I just figure the more security you have to less chance you have of getting it stolen. Still doesnt mean it cant though. If you have boot and they drag it and you dont hear that either then time to go see the doctor.

rebelgtp

Master Mechanic
Mar 5, 2009
La Grande OR
I will be installing a kill switch and a thing or two else as I build my car. However once complete at home it will live in my garage and when I'm out I normally have this guy with me...

doc_sitting.jpg

Oddly enough people tend to leave my rigs alone when he is in there. That pic is kinda old, he is about 60-65 lbs of muscle and teeth, and he is very protective of my cars. I need to get his son trained up as well.

Oh and the garage is right outside my bedroom window with an even bigger (120+ lb) dog that wanders in and out of it :lol:

EDIT:
Found a more recent pic
DSC_34580001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor