these are the wheels i'd love to have

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyslick

G-Body Guru
Jun 2, 2008
Crossville, TN
they're ok ... but if i was gonna' drop bones on customs i would want something a little more 'fresh' looking.

Sep 1, 2006
Tampa Bay Area
They look pricey.

joe_padavano

Royal Smart Person
Sep 13, 2006
Northern VA
I've seen these before and as an Olds guy, I love 'em. The problem with factory SSII/III wheels is that the center stampings are the same for all wheel diameters. I've seen a custom set at 16" and the rim has to come in so far to meet the center that those looked really goofy. These billet ones are proportioned correctly and look great. Of course, I'm not a big fan of monster rims with rubber band tires, especially on classic muscle cars, so I wouldn't go any bigger than 17s.

Gary Willard

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2008
Bates City, MO 64011
85 Cutlass Brougham said:
They look pricey.

It's been a while since this post, but I have now scored a deal with Bonspeed to be the wheel manufacturer. They do AWESOME work and with their help, have brought the price of a finished wheel down AND opened the door to more sizing options. God bless them! If anyone is interested, send me an email and I can send you a CURRENT price list. The price list on my website is no longer valid. I'll get it removed and updated as soon as my partner can do it (he's out of town today).Thanks,

87Cutlass442

Apprentice
Oct 22, 2008
Indianapolis
Jesus Christ...

For that price, you could get ANY set of Forged/Billet wheels made...

--Asanti
--Auto Couture
--Forgiato
--Maya

etc, etc, etc....those prices are insane.

79_GBody

Not-quite-so-new-guy
May 31, 2007
Columbus, OH
Those are some nice wheels but like everyone is saying, for the price you could 2 or 3-piece wheels with custom offsets etc...

Gary Willard

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2008
Bates City, MO 64011
“Jesus Christ...
For that price, you could get ANY set of Forged/Billet wheels made...”

“Those are some nice wheels but like everyone is saying, for the price you could 2 or 3-piece wheels with custom offsets etc...”

Like I mentioned in the post....
If anyone is interested, send me an email and I can send you a CURRENT price list. The price list on my website is no longer valid. I'll get it removed and updated as soon as my partner can do it (he's out of town today).

By the way, these ARE custom offset wheels with a fully machined 3D center cap, not a pressed in stamping like a lot of wheels come with.

phaZe

Greasemonkey
Aug 16, 2008
So this "Gary" guy is the same person who started this thread just to get advertising? Wow...

I wouldn't buy those rims anyways, unless you only want $500 with shipping. Most people don't want to spend over $800 on something that really doesn't give their car a unique, or at least, aftermarket look.

Gary Willard

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Dec 16, 2008
Bates City, MO 64011
phaZe said:
So this "Gary" guy is the same person who started this thread just to get advertising? Wow...

I wouldn't buy those rims anyways, unless you only want $500 with shipping. Most people don't want to spend over $800 on something that really doesn't give their car a unique, or at least, aftermarket look.

Somebody besides myself (Gary) found the info on my wheels and posted the link, not me. I thought I'd let anyone following the posts know that they're finally ready for people to order and I have current pricing availalbe. I'm not sure how you can think that these wheels aren't unique or that they don't have an aftermarket look. Those two factors alone drove me to design and build the first set for my 83' H/O. I wanted the car to have Oldsmobile specific wheels, yet with the larger aftermarket diameters being offered in other wheels, AND the result would be unique because nobody else makes this wheel. I was only going to build one set, but popular demand drove the project to a multiset demand. Until you understand what is involved with machining (not casting or forging) a custom wheel, you won't appreciate the price. That's fine though. Everybody is entitled to their own opinions. That's what makes this a great country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor