THM200???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
What is this transmission? Any good?

I looked up all my RPO codes last night and found out this is the transmission that I have (MV9) and information about it?

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
Depends on what your using it for. TH-200 3 speeds were used in GBodys for mileage. They use lighter internals and rob less power. It's similar to a TH-350 externally. I had one in my Elco when I bought it. It lasted for 200K no complaints from me.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
hmmm....I've just never heard of it before. Do they make performance mods for them, like torque convertors or any other racing parts.

megaladon6

Comic Book Super Hero
May 29, 2006
Danbury, CT
in general the 200 and 200c's were crap. if you were relatively nice and did your maintenance they might last. they were not performance transmissions! i would get a good 200-4r, they can be built for a lot of power and if they're adjusted right they work very well.

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
Naw I'll be going with a TH350 when I do swap it, since I already have the crossmember for it. I just wanted some info on the transmission thats in it now.

Chevyman85

G-Body Guru
Oct 25, 2006
Bonney Lake, WA
I have heard of guys building them up for racing. They claim with the right parts they can do alright. Lighter internals = more power to the ground. Light car and low torque engines are what they are designed for. Your best bet is a TH-350. Although I milked my 200 along until I had the other one built.

JWO Racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2006
Ontario Canada
Art Carr builds a 200R4 that take 650HP and no thet are not crap good transmission's for hot rods you gaoota like O/D and that nice gear ratio. They came in GN

RITTER

Royal Smart Person
May 26, 2007
Hillsdale, MI
JWO Racing said:
Art Carr builds a 200R4 that take 650HP and no thet are not crap good transmission's for hot rods you gaoota like O/D and that nice gear ratio. They came in GN

The THM200 is different from the 200R4, I don't think anybody said that the 200R4 was crap

JWO Racing

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jun 27, 2006
Ontario Canada
That was an FYI for other guys reading these postings. I get allot of people telling me they were junk. As we are all aware on the G-body Forum they are not JUNK and you get allot of performance parts for them. I think this al stems from the automatic transmission mistery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor