Thornton exhaust manifolds (SBO) on a G-body

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
My only gripe with the design is why they necked the collector down to 2.25" instead of 2.5". I see the BBO version has a 2.5" collector. It probably doesn't matter, at least they know the difference between SBO and BBO. The full length Chinese stainless A body headers are very good but sit low on a SBO. I still think they are worth it due to lack of reliable stainless down pipes for Olds V8's for these headers. What I would get these for is another Olds powered 4×4.

kustomkyle

G-Body Guru
Apr 14, 2008
My only gripe with the design is why they necked the collector down to 2.25" instead of 2.5". I see the BBO version has a 2.5" collector. It probably doesn't matter, at least they know the difference between SBO and BBO. The full length Chinese stainless A body headers are very good but sit low on a SBO. I still think they are worth it due to lack of reliable stainless down pipes for Olds V8's for these headers. What I would get these for is another Olds powered 4×4.

Probably has more to do with being able to use factory restoration exhaust parts on the more sought after 1968-1972 cars that Thornton gears most of their products towards.

Reactions: 1 user
Oct 14, 2008
Melville,Saskatchewan
Good point, replacement pipes are 2.25".

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor