Threaded File for thread fixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
ANyone know of a place (preferrably in real life, don't have too much time to order online) that sells this damn thing? I need to fix the threads on my Thunderbird's upper control arm shaft. Ive been to Home depot, menards, sears, no place has them. Would auto[parts stores carry them?

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 140
Autozone shows they loan them out. If you know the thread size a dye set would work. Harbor freight has sets fairly cheap. Don't know if that helps.

I greatly appreciate the effort, but most of these are either out of stock or don't directly distribute to des moines. I wonder if one of them universal thread chasers that look like a c clamp would work. The threads are still there, it's just at the very end where the nut goes on the control arm shaft they got dicked up a little and the nut won't go on. I imagine a die would work, providing the dicked up part was further down and not at the first few threads.

Could you find a small trianglular file and carefully clean up the end threads? I have one that is about 1/4" on a side and works well for delicate jobs like that.

You're telling me there are no Snap-on or Matco dealers in Des Moines?

What parts houses do you have? O'Reilly should be able to get it from the warehouse in a day or less. http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...Search_thread+file_-1_342&keyword=thread+file

I was through there visiting family two weeks ago, seemed to me like a typical medium/large city. Never seen a tool truck guy that wouldn't sell to a person with money.

Menard's has to be the most illogically laid-out store I've ever been in...maybe it is just the Cedar Falls store, though.

Or, a file will work if needed RIGHT NOW.

You know what they say, fail to plan, plan to fail.

After 8 stores and two days I found it at my local Ace Hardware after being reffered there by at guy at Northern Tool here in Des Moines. Fixed the damaged threads of my upper control arm shaft thing in a jiffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor