Throttle cable and Brake Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

350_85cutty

Master Mechanic
Sep 2, 2007
West, TX
I noticed my throttle cable on the carb is missing a rubber gromet where it hooks up to the carb bracket. and it's real loose, the part that ends at the gas pedal has alot of play. i can't get on the gas like i used too, the car just wants to cruise. how do i adjust it to have a faster response? right now i can push the pedal all the way down it seems like and not go anywhere. and also, the "BRAKE" light appears on the dash. I noticed that my brakes require me to push on the pedal harder, the pads are good, and rotors, do i need to bleed them maybe? the fluid is full..maybe it's from sitting for a year and air's got in the line?

Blake442

Geezer
Apr 24, 2007
Minneapolis
You need to find a new grommet to take the slack out of the cable. This will improve your throttle response.

Does the pedal feel firm when you hold it or does it feel like it's fading?

If it is becoming harder to press down on your brake pedal, than your power booser is going out.
The brake warning light will come on with either the parking brake, or a loss of pressure, so check everywhere for leaks, and check the switch on your parking brake pedal as well.
Another possiblity is that your master cylinder is leaking fluid into your brake booster. The fluid will eat the rubber diaphrams and cause the booster to fail, making it harder to press the brake pedal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor