Ls swap throttle cable to pedal

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023
Hey guys, so I’ve searched a bunch of throttle cable end styles, and can’t seem to find the correct end for the pull style on g bodies, and pretty much every universal cable has the “clevis style” end, im Thinking of just squeezing the tabs together flat and drilling a hole for the clevis pin to go through, or just heating up and twisting the pedal end 90° and welding the eyelet shut, other option is just a universal pedal, they go for about $90, or this atp, but doesn’t look to be adjustable, any other options I’m missing?

Attachments

• IMG_0492.jpeg
    IMG_0492.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0491.jpeg
    IMG_0491.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0493.jpeg
    IMG_0493.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
Factory 99-02 V8 Truck Cable and move that little black piece to the crimp that's farther up on the cable instead of the factory location. Bend the Gbody Gas Pedal for full Throttle Body movement.

Have had a truck one since 2010, no issues. Keep a spare one in a box that I got for free a while back incase I need it.

6.0L T56 FRONT CENTER.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
I use a bicycle brake cable in a bicycle brake sheath. About $10 invested.

I cut the factory sheath and spliced on the bike sheath with a piece of 3/8 or 1/2” brake line at the splice and pit heat shrink over it. Then feed a bike brake cable through the sheath.

I know it sound pretty janky, but it’s been on the car since early 2020 and never had an issue. And it looks like it belongs. I’m using a Warr Performamce TB. At the TB I bought a universal choke cable end from the local parts store. It’s completely adjustable for length.

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023
I basically have 3 at this point and see which one works best, just ordered one for a Silverado as well to retain a factory install
Through the firewall, also,

What is this bracket for on top of the pedal assembly?

Attachments

• IMG_0506.jpeg
    IMG_0506.jpeg
    775.6 KB · Views: 57

Roblq84

Apprentice
Oct 29, 2023
I ended up using the universal clevis style cable,
I cut the end off the original pedal, turned it 90°, welded it back, welded the hole shut, and drilled a new hole, cut a slice where the original cable pushed in the firewall, and bolted it in from there so i can still remove it up and out from The square hole if needed, then bent the lower part of the pedal out a little bit, using the fitech throttle
Cable bracket, (which IMO is extremely flimsy) I had to drill it out a bit and got it all snugged up.

Attachments

• IMG_1353.jpeg
    IMG_1353.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 47

DarrinWI

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 2, 2022
Madison, WI
Factory 99-02 V8 Truck Cable and move that little black piece to the crimp that's farther up on the cable instead of the factory location. Bend the Gbody Gas Pedal for full Throttle Body movement.

Have had a truck one since 2010, no issues. Keep a spare one in a box that I got for free a while back incase I need it.

View attachment 230506
Running the same setup. Works great.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor